UP Samuhik Vivah Yojana 2023: The Government of Uttar Pradesh has started the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Group Marriage Scheme to help in marriage of daughters of economically weaker families of the state and remarriage of widow/divorced women. Under this scheme, the government spends a total of ₹ 51,000 on the marriage of the beneficiary daughters. This scheme reduces the financial burden on the poor family in the marriage of the daughter. In the financial year 2022, a total of 15,268 couples in the state were married under this scheme.
If you want to know more about UP Chief Minister Collective Marriage Scheme 2023, then definitely read this article completely. Next, we will give you complete information about the important things of its scheme, objectives, benefits, eligibility and conditions, necessary documents and the process of applying for UP Mass Marriage Scheme.
What is UP Mass Marriage Scheme?
Marriage is seen as a joyous occasion in life. But this joyous occasion for poor families comes with a huge economic burden. People start preparations for daughter’s marriage many years in advance. Many times people have to sell their lands or take loans from moneylenders at high interest rates to meet the expenses of their daughter’s marriage. Due to the expenses involved in marriage, daughters are still seen as a burden in many backward societies.
In view of this economic problem, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Mr. Yogi Adityanath, started the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mass Marriage Scheme in October 2017. Under this scheme, the government organizes a “mass marriage program” at the district level for the marriage of daughters of economically backward families. The government spends ₹51,000 on each couple in this marriage ceremony. In this, ₹ 35000 is spent in the account of the married girl, ₹ 10000 for household items such as anklets, utensils, clothes etc. and ₹ 6000 is spent on organizing the marriage.
Why Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Marriage Grant Scheme was closed..?
Earlier in Uttar Pradesh, the UP Chief Minister Marriage Grant Scheme was run for the marriage of poor daughters , in which the government provided financial assistance of ₹ 20,000 for the marriage of daughters. But in view of the forgery and rising inflation in this scheme, the government has decided to stop it. According to the social welfare officer of the state, Dr. Pragya Pandey, the benefit of the UP Marriage Grant Scheme will be available under the UP Group Marriage Scheme. The amount to be spent in this scheme has also been increased from ₹ 20,000 to ₹ 51,000. To take advantage of this scheme, the annual income of the girl’s family should not exceed Rs 2 lakh.
New Updates of UP Mass Marriage Scheme 2023:
Uttar Pradesh government is preparing to run UP Samuhik Vivah Yojana as a mega event in the year 2023. The government has given special instructions in this regard to all the district magistrates of the state. Collective marriage calendars have also been issued on the basis of Vivah Muhurta. If you or any economically backward family around you is in need of this scheme, do let them know about it. Next, we will give you the detailed information about UP Collective Marriage Scheme Registration.
Key points of UP Mass Marriage Scheme:
• Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanath has started UP Samuhik Vivah Yojana from October 2017 to promote social harmony and equality of all religions.
• This scheme has been brought to provide financial assistance in the marriage of daughters of families living below the poverty line.
• In this scheme, the government spends a total amount of ₹ 51,000 on each couple. In this ₹ 51,000, ₹ 35,000 in the daughter’s bank account for the establishment of happiness and prosperity in married life, ₹ 10,000 for the purchase of essential items in marriage rituals such as nettles, anklets, clothes etc. and per couple for organizing mass-marriage ₹6,000 is spent.
• The government is operating this scheme under its social obligations.
• The daughters of poor families and widows and divorced women also get the benefit of this scheme.
• This scheme reduces the financial burden on the poor family in the marriage of the daughter.
• Registration of minimum 10 couples is mandatory for organizing mass marriage organized under this scheme.
• Mass marriage will be organized by Municipal Corporation, Municipality, Nagar Panchayat, District Panchayat, any government organization or NGO.
• The District Magistrate or the District Magistrate will compulsorily be present in the marriage ceremony.
• In the year 2022, a total of 15,268 couples of the state were married under this UP Samuhik Vivah Yojana, on which the state government spent Rs 77.87 crore.
Objectives of UP Chief Minister Group Marriage Scheme:
Daughter’s marriage is a big occasion for every family. In this, many customs and social responsibilities have to be fulfilled, in which a lot of money is spent. Every family spends according to their economic status, yet this marriage becomes a big financial burden for the economically backward family. With the aim of reducing this economic burden, the UP Chief Minister Collective Marriage Scheme has been started by the Uttar Pradesh government.
Mass marriages are organized under this scheme, due to which the expenses incurred in organizing marriages are greatly reduced. The objective of this scheme is to get the daughters of poor families married in a dignified manner.
• The biggest advantage of the UP Chief Minister Group Marriage Scheme is that it reduces the financial burden on poor families in the marriage of daughters.
• Under this scheme, the government spends an amount of ₹51,000 on each couple.
• In this scheme, the government puts ₹ 35,000 in the daughter’s account for the establishment of a successful married life and spends ₹ 10,000 in the purchase of essential items for the marriage rituals and ₹ 6000 in the marriage ceremony.
• The benefit of this scheme will also be available for the remarriage of widows and divorced women falling in the category below the poverty line.
• Even today many people in the backward society consider it a burden because of the expenses incurred in the marriage of daughters and instead of spending on the education of the daughter, they collect money for marriage. In such a situation, this scheme will also work to change this low level thinking of the people.
Eligibility & Conditions :
• Only permanent residents of Uttar Pradesh will get the benefit of this scheme.
• In marriage under this scheme, the minimum age of the girl should be 18 years and the minimum age of the boy should be 21 years.
• The benefit of this scheme will also be available for marriage and remarriage of divorced women.
• The annual income of the girl’s family should not exceed ₹ 2,00,000 to take advantage of the scheme.
• There should be an account in the name of the girl child in any recognized bank.
Required Documents :
• Aadhaar card of bride and groom
• Address proof
• BPL Ration Card
• Bank account passbook in the name of the girl child
• Mobile Number
Process of application of UP mass marriage scheme:
To avail the benefit of UP Mukhyamantri Samuhik Vivah Yojana, application can be made both online and offline.
For offline application, go to your block development officer or municipal body office and get the application form of the scheme. If you wish, you can also download the application form by visiting the official website. Fill the form properly, attach all the necessary documents with it and submit it back to the concerned office. You will get information about the acceptance of the application and the upcoming mass marriage event from the office or on the mobile number.
We will explain the complete process of UP Collective Marriage Scheme online application in detail further.
UP Samuhik Vivah Yojana Online Apply :
• First of all visit the official website of UP Shaadi Anudan http://www.shadianudan.upsdc.gov.in .
• Now click on the link for application as per your category in the “New Registration” section.
• Now an online application form will open. Various types of information will be asked in this, read it thoroughly and fill it.
• Upload all the required documents.
• After filling all the information, click on Save.
• In this way your UP Samuhik Vivah Yojana Online Apply will be completed. At the end, an Application Number will be received, note it down.
Helpline Number :
If you are facing any problem in the application of UP Mass Marriage Scheme or you have any question related to the scheme, then you can contact on the helpline number of the department:
• For General Caste and SC/ST : 18004190001
• For OBC : 18001805131 & 0522-2288861
• For Minorities : 0522-2286199
◆ Conclusion :
So friends, in this article, we have given all the important information about UP Chief Minister Group Marriage Scheme 2023. This scheme is a welfare scheme for the economically backward families of the state. If there is any such poor family in your house or around you, for whom this scheme can be beneficial, do inform them about this scheme.